IML: Batteries are like opinions.

I recently replaced the Interstate battery in a '78
Dodge with a 400 big block, as it failed to turn over
with any consistency.  The battery I got to replace it
with was not a normal brand name- I got it from a
place that sold batteries for tractor trailer trucks.
The brand name is Delphi.  CCA is around 800 or so.

Two interesting stories:  The old interstate battery
now lives in my '68 volvo 122, and happily turns over
the 120 cu in engine therein.  Second, one night when
the Interstate in my '67 Imperial (obligatory Imperial
content) gave up its ghost, the Delphi battery happily
fit in and cranked the 440 over with such vigor it
started almost instantly.  That Delphi battery has
been drained flat, recharged, used to jump start other
cars, and subjected to the heat of a big block Dodge
for over 6 monbths now, and works excellent.  If you
can find one, I'd recommend one.

--Mike Pittinaro

Beautiful Boxcar
American Grandeur and