IML: Please Welcome David Simons

New Subscriber(s): David Simons
Email Address is: simonsbud8@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Richmond,Va.

Car(s) owned: 1956 4dsdn surf green with turquoise top

Self-Introduction: I found this 56' by luck actually. I happened to be
in a 7-11 store and happened to open an old car trader magazine right
open to the page the car was advertised. I did not have enough money
with me to purchase the book and the cashier would not lend me a pen to
write the number down because she said that she was not running a
library. So I drove home as quick as possible before I had time to
forget the number so I could write it down. I called the gentleman in
Tulsa, Ok. about the car and we reached a deal, for $2850 and a plane
ticket home he would drive the car to Richmond,Va. So I sent him half
and the ticket and the other half were waiting in Richmond. Well his
post office burnt down to the ground. Oddly enough my check was one of
the few surviving peices. They sifted around and found it ,my car was
Richmond bound. This whole episode put him a week behind, so the car
made its'way into town on my birthday. I needed a place to store it for
a while so a !  friend let me put it in his garage. I went by one day to
t ake it out to stretch her legs and I had a gut felling not to put it
back inside that evening. My friends garage burnt to the ground. I then
named her Claudia, Christines older cousin. I hoped the stories would
not mirror each other too much. Well I have had Claudia since my senior
year in High School,drove it to prom,graduation and every other event my
dodge truck was not proper attire for. Was suppose to drive from my
wedding reception in it but it snowed so I drove my big red Dodge sled,
appropriate for Christmas time. Well I have now had Claudia for 17 years
and have only had to put a brake light switch in her and king pins and
bushings right after it got here. Greatest vehicle I have ever driven,
there is not enough money to buy Claudia, this 56' is not for sale.