RE: IML: 413 block leak

There are dyes available to add to the coolant so that it glows when viewed
under either a black light or a UV light.  Sorry, I don't remember which.
Eastwood's carried the kit years ago. I don't know if they do now or not.

How clean is the engine compartment and block?  I'd try to get it as clean
as possible and then apply that dye.  The kit is probably cheaper than
pulling the motor (unless you are planning to do that yourself).

As Elijah said earlier, if the plug isn't in square with the block, that may
be your problem.  The coolant may be running and dripping from the area
between the plugs.  The only way I could see it leaking through the pores in
the block would be if the cooling passage was rotted out.  I haven't heard
of this happening with a Chrysler RB casting, but I suppose it could be
possible.

If you can get the bent plug out, they make a temporary rubber freeze plug
that you could install.  It's a rubber biscuit with flat fender washers on
either side.  A bolt runs through the one washer and the biscuit, and
threads into the other washer.  As you crank the bolt down, it will cause
the washers to squeeze the biscuit and seal the opening.  This might be a
quick fix you can do in the driveway.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron