Re: IML: Valve/Head Cover Gasket question

Re: IML: Valve/Head Cover Gasket question

Joe,  It does sound loose, but my 67 service manual recommends it.  Haven't had a problem.  Just make sure your covers are straight.  I once bought a cheepie set of chrome covers and scuffed them up with 400 grit wet/dry paper before painting.  Came out like glass.  A guy in my other club is an illustrator and makes any valve decals you want.  I liked the old Super Stock 426 III types, so he made a set of 451 super Stock III's for my stroker motor. When I put these on my "refabbed" chrome covers, they looked fantastic.   Drop him a line at schulyler62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and tell him I sent you.  He makes decals and tee shirt iron ons for anything.  He also modifies current mopar decals with your wording/lettering.  Tell him I sent you, I told him I would be recommending his work.  He'll send you some examples. Joe Reiss  Kelso, WA