Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:12:32 -0500
From: alacaria@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1961 Imperial Idling problem
Hi;

I have a 1961 Imperial. It had set for over 20 years in a building. I have
a idling problem. I have had the gas tank cleaned and sealed and replaced
the metal gas line, fuel pump and fuel bowl. I have rebuilt the carburetor
and had it checked by another mechanic. I have replaced the plugs, wires,
points dist cap and rotor, vacuum lines and had the starter rebuilt.

Here is the situation.

It starts right up and sounds powerful and smooth but idles too high. I
cannot get the idle down. When it does warm up it will stall and then shut
off. Up to that point it runs very nicely powerful and very smooth.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Anthony