Re: IML: Valve/Head Cover Gasket question

Re: IML: Valve/Head Cover Gasket question

Marty - your inch lbs/ft lbs conversion is about right. I prefer to use studs in the heads and nylock nuts.  These will throw you off a couple of ft lbs, but won't loosen. torque them to 12 lbs or so.  They dont look stock so paint them with the valve cover and you'll never notice.   Some locktite on the studs and you're all set.  I don't use any sealer on the gasket and haven't (fingers crossed) had any problems.  Gotta get me an inch/lbs wrench one of these days!    Joe Reiss