Re: instrument voltage regulator

BC I like to think I have matters in hand, I haven't done much with electronics of late, so will take my time in building the curcuit. And testing it up right.

First thing will be to use the old simpson meter/supply and verify the guages still work and aren't fried.  They haven't worked since the 90s since before I bought the car from dad. But I am hopeful they are ok.

I work most of the daytime hours, and will be starting on it in the afternoon.  So I might not actually build up the circuit till tomorrow.

I have a few old boards I printed that have a lot of empty space, the plan is to take the blank corner off of one and drill the holes I need and use the back side to solder wire to connect them.  Sinks on the caps, and the vr and diode.  Resistors, won't care if they get a bit warm.

If I have issues or questions I will post up for advice.

-Tom