Re: the giant wheels geometry

Do not think of the rim as adding height!  When you get tires get them 26 to 28 inches tall.   Stock tires are 27 inches tall and don't care about rim size, 27 inch tall tires are 27 inches tall using a 14 inch rim and 27 inches tall using a 20 inch rim.  If the back spacing is good all will be good and will not rub unless you go overboard on the width of the tires.  I have 20s on the rear with a 28 inch tall tire and 18s with 26 inch tall tires on the front of my 63 fury.   That gives me 4 inch sidewall rim to ground.  So with 17s you will have about 5 inches of sidewall with a 27 inch tall tire.  IMO 17s are not that big, I have 22s on my 08 Magnum!

Hope this helps.

        Herb

1954 DeSoto Firedome Estate Wagon 276 HEMI
1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361 4-Sale
1959 Dodge Coronet 326 Poly
1961 Plymouth Belvedere Custom Suburban Wagon 318 Poly
1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer Wagon 318 Poly
1963 Plymouth Fury 2D/HT 7.0L
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible 361
1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst 440
1979 Dodge Aspen Sport Wagon 360
1999 Durango SLT 5.9L
2008 SRT-8 Magnum 6.1L