Re: 440 noise

Pretty sure I solved it. After denting in that baffle a little, and checking oil. The guy said its a 5 qt Pan at first I took his word. Did some research there's a 5 or 7 qt pan. He had a smaller filter on it, I put a Mobil 1 m301, the one it calls for, and added another quart. Checked it, a little ways below add line. That was at 5 qt. I added another quart it brought it right to add line. So I added the 7th quart. Perfect. I thought that pan looked a little big to be a 5 qt pan. Anyways, fired it up, let it run for a sec turned it off. Cranked it again no noise. U can just hear roller rockers and all the components making their normal noise. So yay! Lol the valvoline people said it has all the additives a flat tappet needs.
The amsoil people and valvoline both said that runnin syn doesn't hurt a new motor at all, it just may take a little longer to seat everything than a conventional cause of the superior anti wear. So I think I'm fine....for now haha now I just have a loud rap when I try to start at random times, I think the header heat has got to the starter. Guess I'll be changing that next! Anyone got advice for a good starter that'll work with the headers right next to it? Idk if they make a blanket or shroud for one.

Sent from my iPhone