Re: Secondary Ignition Cut Out ?

I agree with the ballast resistor being defective.

Get a spare (or two) and swap it out.
For a very short time you could simply jumper the two plugs on the
ballast resistor together and it should run.

If you still have points, you run the risk of burning them with the
full 12 volts through them (that is what the ballast resistor does is
reduce the voltage to the points) but for short time, it will work and
will confirm that the ballast resistor is no good.

K.