Re: Jacking safely

Hi Walt, Nice to meet somebody else from the PNW.  There are a few of us up here.  I currently have a 1962 Chrysler Newport 2 door HT....none of that "A" body "B" body etc stuff.  I got me a full size land yatch!  I did have many years ago in my youth a 1963 Valiant Convertible...that was the uglyest thing on wheels....except the wagon of the same year.  I seem to remember that all of the frame was very stonge on my little car and I never had any issues about jacking it up.  My current car you can jack it up on any of the frame and it could care less.  I'm sure there is a "no, no" place on the frame to put the jack, but I can't think of one.  I would just stay away from the floors and other sheet metal, unless you like that extra high hump in the passenger compartment or the crinkles up side panels.  Here are some pics to help a bit.  Green spots are ok to jack it up, the red bits are not.  unless you like dents....that's your choice.  :D