Re: ADMIN: Re: Carlisle Map

Great lesson for the masses of the digitally challenged..
We are suffering.
Please read Gary's advice and learn from it.

  Thanks

  Jimmy

On 7/5/2011 7:30 PM, 62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is a good time for a reminder that there are still a lot of members who still use a dial up modem to access the Mopar Mail. Big attachments or many multiple attachments will clog/choke their dial up connection.

Instead of sending big file attachments consider uploading the graphic file to Web site like Picupine -- http://www.picupine.com/ -- and then only sending the link to the picture in the email. That way the picture is viewable at reduced size and those who want to download the full-size picture can do so.

There is also the option to greatly reduce the size of any file attached to an email without sacrificing any picture quality.  http://www.webresizer.com/ is an example of a free service to use to reduce the size of photos before sending as an attachment in an email.

The '62 to '65 Mail List Discussion Guidelines:  http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html

Thanks,
Gary H.
62-65 Admin.