From: 62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: rear seat belt install (repost)
To: "1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, June 27, 2011, 11:34 PM

This is a resend of a message Scott sent to a wrong address:

http://www.wescoperformance.com/2-point-seatbelt-install.html and
http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-seatbelts.html each mention
>  factory mounting points, and I'm just not finding them in my car.
>  That's fine, though, because all I need to know is, will simply
>  drilling a properly sized hole in a place that makes sense on the
>  floor pan going to work safely?

>  I have the proper hardware, but this sentence has me concerned:
>  "Anchor points for belts must meet the strength load requirements of
>  FMVSS 210." Well, what the heck does that mean to me? lol To wit:
>  "Standard No. 210 - Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages - Passenger Cars
>  (Effective 1-1-68 ), Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles, Trucks, and
>  Buses (Effective 7-1-71)
>  This standard establishes requirements for seat belt assembly
>  anchorages to ensure proper location for effective occupant restraint
>  and to reduce the likelihood of failure. The requirements apply to any
>  component, other than the webbing or straps, involved in transferring
>  seat belt loads to the vehicle structure." OK, does that mean that if
>  I drill holes just about anywhere through the floor, it will be safe?

>  Thanks again! Many more questions to come... ;)

>  ~S~

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!