Re: Exhaust Manifolds

Any of the late 1960's / early 1970's Hi-Po Mopar package headers would flow well, i.e, the ones on the Magnum motors, but I don't know about the fit on a C body. Seems it should work, as the C has more room. I assume any of the later C body manifolds will flow well, e.g., I read somewhere that 2952316 (or 2951216?) and 2899879 are considered Hi-Po C body manifolds.

By the way, years ago there was a Mopar magazine that did a comparison flow test of all the factory manifolds ("Mopar Action" I think). I had the article from that magazine, but seem to have lost it. Anyway, I vaguely recall the least restrictive manifolds were the big block truck versions, but they do not exit well on all cars due to where those manifolds dump out. The manifolds on any engine deemed a performance package by Chrysler did better than the standard "log" style manifolds.

Thanks,
Gary H.