From: Rich Kinsley <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Block Machining cost
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 7:46 PM

It seems like that's the way it works. It always costs me
more than expected/wanted. BTW am I in your will just in case you get killed by your wife :-)

William Harrison wrote:
Wow!!!! What a shock when I went to pick up my 383 block from
the machine shop
today.
Just wanted it bored .60 @$18 per cylinder,line bored
and cam bearings
installed.
Before you know it, the block needed to be decked .10
and my new billet
main caps needed to be shaved and the lifter bores
needed to be honed,
yada yada yada.
I was going to install the pistons on the rods and
install new freeze
plugs but I didn't tell him I was going to do that so
another few
dollars.
The little things kept creeping in and before you know
it; I just paid
$1260.00 for that sucker.
I have to keep this from my wife or I am dead!!!!
I will post pics of the build of this 496" stroker as
it gets assembled.
Later
Bill Harrison 65 Coronet 2 dr post

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one
person -- directly to that person.  I.e., send
parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other
personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the
Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your
privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.