RE: Leaf Springs

He reused everything, even the pads between the leaves, but mine were in
really nice original shape.  I didn't add any substantial height, just 1".
I went to a spring shop in Boston that primarily does trucks, but I think
that's about the only vehicle these days where they actually repair springs.
He had an old microfiche on my '64 Belvedere and just worked from there.  I
really wanted to stay and watch/learn but his ins. regulations wouldn't let
me.
My other B body, a '65 Belvedere still has the air shocks from the prior
owner, he'll be doing that one too.
Tom

Tom, When you had yours rearched did you add the 1"? And use stock shocks?
And did you reuse the original clamps that hold the springs together and did
you use plastic shims,or some type of burlap/cloth,between the springs? I
could not make that discussion at the time I was doing my springs, so I just
went with air shocks to bring up the ht. I would really like to get them
reworked.And use regular shocks to try to keep the car stock looking.  John

----