Petty Car Update

Hi Everybody,

Big day in the Petty Stock Car project. Went for our first, of many, test drives. Good and bad to report. First the good. Engine ran great, no leaks in any system, temp 180, oil pressure 60, charging and all electrial working, transmission shifting great, kick down working. Steered real good, knowing that it must be aligned. Now the bad. Carb needs a kit for sure. Big brake problem. Ended up with a bad wheel cylinder right front. Replacement on order so we are at a stand still on that system. Still a question mark on the rear end. With no exhaust system I could not really hear if the rear end was howling or making noise. At least it was not louder than the exhaust so a good sign. Sounds great under no load, so the axle bearings are good.

Got the hood on and I think it fits great considering it was almost rusted in half when I started with it.

Figure if I get the brakes working before all the Christmas cheer I will be doing good.

Want to wish all, and their families,  A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. It is a pleasure being around a nice bunch of car nuts.
Here are some new pics, new at the back of the album.
Ollie
http://picasaweb.google.com/satellite1965/PettyStockCarProject#

----