RE: Car Show Rant

The only show I've been to so far with my Newport was a Mopar show, and
I thought all that won were well deserved ( and no I didn't win
anything)

there is an "all-makes" show this fall and if I get my car road worthy
enough, I'll go. but enter as a "Not judged" category..

My car isn't up to the quality of entrants and having seen the previous
years winner lists a Mopar doesn't stand a chance.
THEPULPITMASTER@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 6/1/2009 11:01:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> Y1TopBanana73@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> We had a  big local car show this last weekend...The Grand Slam Car
> Show @ our local  community college. 3 days, 550+ cars, LOTS of nice
> vehicles. The problem  was the idiots judging the show. Besides giving
> trophies to cars that  CLEARLY didn't deserve one (ie a plain silver
> 2010 Camaro RS V-6? got a top  100), these people apparently had no
> idea WTF they were judging.
>
> A  local towing company, Collette's Towing, sponsors a "Best Mopar"
> every year  as he's a HUGE Mopar nut. These boneheads gave this trophy
> to a Lamborghini  Murcielago. Yes, you read that correctly...a pasta
> rocket. I know you can't  be thin skinned when you goto car shows, but
> it's $hit like this that makes  you want to stop going to shows all
> together!!! HOLY &*%#!!!!
>
> --
> Bill M
> 65 Coronet 500 'vert
> 21 Model T Depot Hack (judges said the  LOVED it...won nothing!)
>

> I do not understand this at all either!  I have a 64 Dodge Custom 880
> Convertible I show here in Milwaukee. I have gotten great comments on
> the old
> girl and I have to wonder too, what is the big deal in showing a brand
> new
> car?  What is the draw in this?  Give it a few years and it will be
> just
> another rust-bucket and where will the judging be?  I feel that the  new
> cars
> should have a show of their own and leave the classics to us!
>
> Dayv in Milwaukee
> **************We found the real â??Hotel Californiaâ?? and the
> â??Seinfeldâ??
> diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.
> (http://www.whereitsat.com/#/music/all-spots/355/47.796964/-66.374711/2/Youve-Found-Where-Its-At?ncid=eml
>
> cntnew00000007)

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy