RE: My calipers are trying to climb off the rotors!

RE: My calipers are trying to climb off the rotors!

Mark,
	I have a similar problem with my '93 dually (same hold-downs).  The
tabs break off and the calipers bounce up into the wheels.  Problem is
aggravated by Michigan roads.

	I had thought that maybe the discount store (Advance Auto) brand
hold-downs were of lesser quality than the originals so tried some "better"
pieces that seemed to last longer but still broke. I seem to remember
someone running doubled-up sets of the hold-downs many moons ago (memory
failing fast) so may try that.  I should probably just go get some OE parts
from the dealer...

	Do you drive on alot of bumpy roads?  Do you remember what brand
hold-downs you used?  From the photos it looks like they bent with little
resistance - maybe they are low quality steel or missed a step in heat
treat?

SC