RE: Getting Closer

Dodger7998@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Took the maxwedge to the muffler shop today,,,,,,,got 3" coming off the
>
> hedmans, 3" cutouts, 16" Flowmasters coming off the X pipe, and 3" out
> the
> back,,,,,,,,,,sounds mean, took it from there to the paint
> shop,,,,,,,,,,,not  sure
> how long it will be there,,,,,,,,definitely will not push him  though.
>
> Took the car for a trip down to the black top yesterday before loading
> it  on
> the trailer, looks like I am going to  have a traction problem, I have
> 265-50-15 on the rear, and do not see being able to put much more on it,
> I know
> that the tires were cold, and so was the pavement,  but I had gone
> through  low,
> shiffted to second and was over reveving it when I went for high and was
>  not
> much more than 200 feet from where I started.  The posi worked good,
> had two
> black strips all the way from start through second gear,started fading
> right
> where I shifted to second, and got dark again up to the over rev.  I
> did not
> notice any drop in rpm on the shift at all, did notice a little drop
> when I
> hit high on a follow up run, but I expected that seeing as how it has a
> low
> gear set in the tranny for low and second, and drive is back to 1 to  1.
>   At
> any rate,,,,,,,,,,going to be a fun summer.
>

> **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
> easy
> steps!
> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215047751x1200957972/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De
>
> cemailfooterNO62)

Dodger,
Enjoyed reading about your traction problem.  I have a bit smaller tire,
255-60-15 and when I took it to the drag strip after doing the engine
work last fall things got pretty hairy the first time I tried to leave
the line.  Almost bit the guard rail.  No chance of ever getting them to
hook up.  I'd like to change my 4.30 rear gears to something a bit more
streetable like 3.55's or 3.73's before next summer.  Any one care to
swap me?  I can't remember which pumpkin I have right now and the car is
3 hours away but I'll get it checked out.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html