RE: Brakes 101

Yeah bud, seems like we touched a nerve.  I agree with almost everything you said.  Good drivers don't need antilock, but nowadays everything is dumbed down for the LCD - lowest common denominator.  Like I said in my post, antilock allows you to control the vehicle and in a panic stop with a driver that has no experience otherwise, they will slam and hold and hopefully get a shorter controlled stop.  I think antilock is a good thing for 90% of the drivers out there especially the masses who don't have the privilege or pleasure of driving old MoPars.  It keeps them from running into us.  I'm not sure disc brakes or antilock are necessary for people who have experience driving vintage autos, but to each his own.

I do apply and hold with antilock brakes, but that's the way I was trained.  At 120,000 pounds and a 110mph, if you don't you could end up in the overrun.

Your brake info is awesome - BTW.

http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landing/Messenger/Default.aspx?Locale=en-US?ocid=TAG_APRIL

----