Re: Disc Brakes!

drum brakes are very scary when very hot or very wet
i have coasted thru at least one red light due to brake fade on drum brakes
on normal driving there is no big difference

It doesn't justify the extra cost and added weight to
put them on our cars.Go with 11x3's on the rear.
--- Sean B <polecat2@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yep, I did, George.  Chrysler engineers did tests in
the '70's as to
their added stopping power, and found it to be
negligible.  Chrysler
went ahead and offered them on some cars anyway,
because Lincoln and
Cadillac did, and the marketing hype for rear discs
was already out
there with those other makes.

Sean

george smith wrote:

> I read an article awhile back stating you don't
gain that much in
> braking and gain extra weight.Anyone else read
that?

> --- Dan McCormack <mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > install rear disc brakes but

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
Mopar topic.  Thanks!

George

Be a better friend, newshound, and

----