brakes

My own thoughts.
I have drums on my 63 , They are the originals.I use police or taxi metallic linings to reduce fad. I can haul the car down from 120 plus  just fine. One has to ask why dowe mae super discs on the newer cars and then install antilok on them whic reduces stopping power . And it does BTW . My 94 truck has RWAL and on a bumpy winter road stopping you can wind up in the intersectin if it mistakenly applys.I haveto allow about an extra 50 ft when stopping. I often think a good set of drums would do a better job, be protected from the weather would not warp like discsdo. Or new PPt a GT has 4 wheel drums. They are an absolute pain in the -----ear . Nothing but aggravation as the elemnts rust and warp them. and the pads freeze when wet and pop the lining free of the steel backing. Discs get rid of heatwhich is their greatest asset but a good set of drums with hi perfomance linings are more than adequate for a street or dual purpose car. I have run over 120 in the 1/4 drag racing with drums inround robin racing eliminations with no trouble. Discs would have stoppped wq quicker but they are also slower . I ave read 1 to 2  tenths. 2 I doubt but would have no trouble beliveing 1.
Brakes wre not an issur=e when our cars were built and should not be now either. if they were dangerous or no good our cars wouldnt be here but their not and have done a great job surviving to this point.. They would be smashed up and gone.However if you wish to have disc brakes that is your right and privilage and i will not critize your choice and hopefully you will not try and tell me what I need either. fair nuf? If i was roadracing , ie repeated stopping and excessive heating then frint discs would be a a no brainer  but normal driving and the odd full throtttle pass i dontfeel for me I wish to change it over.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)