RE: Oil & zinc

> ""Diesel oils were always a safe bet when looking for the maximum
> protection,but couldn't be used in cars with cats.""
>
> Can you elaborate on this please? I didn't know this.
>
> Darwin/BC Canada

I should have said "shouldn't".How you or I treat the environment is our
own business,right-wink,wink? I run leaded race gas on the street,and an
Edge EZ on my truck.Let the glacier's melt...I live in Denver.

I read somewhere that the diesel add packs,specifically the higher
amount of zinc degrades the catalytic converters quicker than an auto
only formulation.To what degree,and how fast I don't remember.

With the diesel trucks now going with ULS fuel and particulate
filters,zinc is now being phased out of those oils as well.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

----