RE: 4 doors?? Am I nuts?

Let me put my two cents into this. We all have our own opinions, and
it works for each of us. I always respect that. But I will agree with Neal,
4 door cars of the vintage type do have a stigma. I have two door hard tops,

and sedans, but when I had the chance to pick up my 65 Belve 4 dr I had
a eureka moment. I was getting sick of the "New Cool" crowd that just went
out and purchased a restored car and acting like they were the bomb.
Standing
in this guys drive way looking at this 4 dr it hit me, this is a perfect in
your
face street rod, bright red with flames, fast enough to blow off most New
Cool
guys, and not an "in" thing. I have more fun with the 4 dr than any of the 2
dr
cars. Every time I am out in the 67 Dart 2 dr at a cruze in guys come up and

start talking the cool coups they have, I always ask, got any 4 dr cars. You
should
see the looks I get. Next cruze in I show up with the 4 dr. I personally
thing it
is fun being different. The market is in the 2 dr cars, but you can have a
heck
of a lot of fun in your 4 dr, sometimes more.

I have a lot more respect for a guy with a 4 dr /6 auto car that is working
on it
and trying to do the best he can, than a guy with big bucks and a resto mod
car
thinking he is cool beans. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of guys with
big
bucks that are nice guys, but I like to hang out with the guys who do their
own
work. They just seem like they have a better ground connection. So buy a 4
dr
and have a blast. Build a 4 dr street rod, they will have to work twice as
hard
to blow your doors off. <;-)

Earl

Hey all you fellow 4 door owners!  I need to know something.  I  was over at
a friends house in his shop where he is working on some pretty cool  restos
and in the middle of the shop is a red '65 Satelite.  I had my  digital
camera with me and still in it was a picture of a red '65 Belvedere II
hardtop parts car I have.  I held it up and said before then after with the
Satelite in the background.  Well my friend said whos car is that?  I  said
that it was my car.  He said is it a 2 door?  I said "yes", and  he replied,
"I figured if you had it it would be a four door."  He sounded  as though I
was an idiot for owning a four door.  I took offense to  it.  I have 3
Coronet 2 doors and the Belvedere.  I have 2 Coronet 4  doors, a '65
Belvedere four door, my Fury 4 door and a '67 Fury wagon.  I  want more
hardtops but you buy what you can.  Am I nuts for thinking that  my Sedans
are just as cool as my coupes in there own way and should be preserved  too?
I want some others take on that!
Rick Rice
Whitsett, NC
'64 Fury (4 door)
6 '65 Coronets (3 hardtops, a 2dr Sedan, and 2 440 4 drs)
'65 Belvedere (a rusty hardtop and a decent 4 dr)
'67 Fury II wagon (don't need to say anymore)
'77 Custom 100 Truck
'95 Dakota Sport
'98 Grand Cherokee (4 dr too!)
http://www.aol.com.