Re: wow! how do u drop a 440 into an early mopar

Re: wow! how do u drop a 440 into an early mopar

Neal, Would you please move to Florida, preferable to the Lakeland
area. You are the biggest Mopar magnet I have ever seen or heard
about and we need some of those finds around here. LOL
Dennis

--- Robert neal zimmerman <northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i went out to buy an engine stand  from a guy that had advertised
> one
> for sale on Craigslist., oh my god, and  i thought i was a nut, u
> should
> have seen this  old guys barn, seems to be a bit of a station wagon
> nut-
> he has a 56 plymouth suburban 2 door station wagon( his very first
> car)
> a 59 chevy wagon, a 71 torino wagon, a whole bunch of 55, 56, 57
> plymouths and dodges, a 63 plymouth , and a real weird looking car
> called a 1961 plymouth belvedere.I think I saw a 1960 fury  way
> back
> there and he said he had a  1961 desoto.
>   Mam, I couldnnt believe it, what a kook, theres more too, i just
> didnt
>   see it all, and hes selling it all, and pretty cheap, man  am i
>   tempted. the 59 chevy wagon which is mainly  just a roller with
> some
>   trim left,  and all the glass and bumpers he said i could have
> for  35
>   dollars, yep thats right, not a misprint, the 56 plymouth wagon
> for
>   2000 bucks because it comes with two parts cars. still runs  ,
> its a
>   flathead  six i think , and man that 61 belvedere would sure look
>   tough all low down with a narrowed rear end , wheelie bars and a
> blown
>   440 sticking out the hood.
>   will this early  mopar stuff  take  later mopar power trains with
> out
>   too much trouble? or is it   a whole different ball of wax?
>   some of them had the 318 polys so i imagine it would be no
> problem to
>   swap in a 318 LA engine. one of them was a hemi, a  271 or
> something
>   like that...
>   sorry for the off -topic, i just got back and i am about ready to
> pee
>   my pants in excitement.I cant get that 61 belvedere out of my
> mind,
>   absolutely  the ugliest car i have ever seen probably,  but i
> wouldnt
>   care.
>   i am going back tomorrow with my camera,   when the lights
> better,
>   the light was starting to fade.
>   neal zimmerman, eugene oregon
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - Email service worth paying for. Try it for
> free
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person
> -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the
> intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail
> and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

      Dennis

----

bSONJP.