Re: wagon rear glass interchange

On 44 11/11/06, Robert neal zimmerman wrote:
> would the    tailgate glass from a 1963 dodge 330 wagon,work for  my  64
> fury wagon??
>   ALSO, but possibly important: the  dodge had an electric window, mine
>   is manual. ??

all 63-65 b-body wagons have the same rear gates.,,,  everything
interchanges,,.  the only differences are  the various holes cut
in the skin for lights & trim.   I put a 65 Ply gate on my 63 330
wagon.,,, cut 2 holes for the taillights in the skin.  was tempted
to leave the gate lights off and just run the two lights in the
1/4s,,,  it might keep people guessing..,, like WTF?  didn't 330s
come with the four lights like the 440s & Polaras?   sort of a 62 Ply
treatment of the Savoy two lights.,,

anyhow... YES the glass interchanges.
manual or elect regulator.,, either one.
oddly enough I've come across *three*  elec. rear glass 63-65 wagons,,
2 in junkyards, one is my 330,,  all had broken rear windows...  might
have been coinsidence..,,  always wondered if stops on the regulator
wear, and the engine rasies the glas  too far,, makes it too tight
up against the roof rail, and maybe a bump on the road.., and ca-powl!

----

bSONJP.