How best to drive my 62 Dart on the strip

How best to drive my 62 Dart on the strip

Tomorrow is the last Wednesday Test & Tune at Milan Dragway, and I'm
considering taking my '62 Dart there tomorrow to see how much lighter it
is since I added my 3:55 posi, and also to try to tune my Barry Grant
carb.

I have only taken 5 runs on a strip before, all 5 at the 2003 Mopar
Nats.  The first 3 of those I shifted at 3,000 RPM.  After mentioning
that to a list member that was kind enough to share his pit area, he
sort of laughed and said I needed to shift at a much higher RPM, like
5,000 or 5,500.  That helped a lot for my last 2 runs :-)

What I'm not sure of now is the best way to launch the car.  I added a
Transgo TF-1 shift kit to my 727 trans earlier this summer, but have the
stock torque converter.

As always, thanks in advance for all the helpful advice :-)

Regards,
Brian Safford
'62 Dart / Poly 318

----