RE: 64' Dodge 440 max wedge

Jason Chance wrote:

> I'm not sure why you are saying to "cut Steve some slack". We answered
> his questions. No static or negativity was stated or implied. No
> derogatory statements were made.  It seems to me that some people got
> their feathers ruffled over nothing. I thought the purpose of this group
>
> was to help each other out with the facts.
>
> I don't want to see Steve get "had" by someone if they are trying to
> misrepresent a car. Best he knows the truth, for his own protection.
>
> For the record I could care less about the "correct reflector" crowd. I
> have a factory 318 65 coronet which now has a hopped up 413 in it. I
> love it. It is not for sale and I will drive it till I die.
>
> The important thing is not to get "had" by the numerous unscrupulous
> "max wedge" "a990" people that have recently surfaced. Also to not
> mistakenly misrepresent your car to someone else. It is up to us to
> watch out for each other. That was my only goal in answering Steve's
> questions.
>
> Nobody said anything negative about 4 door cars either, so I am not sure
>
> where that BS came from.
>
> Jason

Couldn't agree with Jason's comment more.All dead on,every bit of
it,AFAIC!.Esp the part about taking advantage of someone.Steve contacted
me off list regarding this car and all the issues were worked
out,hopefully to his understanding.He is a victim here,esp if he paid a
premium for the car.

I also appologized if I personally made it sound like a pi**ing
contest,which I had no intention of doing.I was merely stating the facts
as best I know them.I only wish we were all there for him BEFORE the
sale.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

  64 Savoy Post