Re: ... adjustment and timing.

 Don Dulmage wrote:

" if you dont have an advance  light measure a piece of paper
2.21" long and cut it that length. lay it on TDC notch on the pulley and
mark the other end forward with White  paint (typo corrctor works
wonderful) That is 32 /34 degrees. It will give you a reference point to
work from with a non advance timing light. You set it to that mark at
3000 RPM. Probably should not run the vaccum advance with a hot cam. "
Don
A TRICK MY DAD TOLD ME ABOUT YEARS AGO, IS TO TAKE A TAPE AND MEASURE
AROUND THE DAMPER AND DIVIDE THAT LENGTH BY 10.

Sorry caps lock....should learn to type by not having to look at the keyboard...

Then measure both ways from the timing mark and make a center punch mark.

The mark will me at 36 degrees...if you do it both ways your are covered no matter the rotation of the engine.
rob in phx

----