Re: major bummer

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad3PYbOyW3Na/Superb Rewards

On 59 09/29/05, Ben Jr. Morgan wrote:
> The one that is in my wagon right now is indeed an A body 4 speed and
> the shifter (Hurst competition plus classic) is indeed 3 inches forward
> from where the other one would be. This one does not have a slip yolk,
> still uses the same old drive line that the car originally came with we
> just had it extended.

look at:
http://www.slantsix.org/articles/4-speeds/tailhousing-shifterpad-locations.jpg

the B-body shifter mount provision is closer to the maincase mating
surface than an A-body's tailhousing.    an A-833 input shaft is the
same length among all 4spds,  so the A833 maincase is always the
same distance from the engine regardless of what type of 4spd (A/B/C/E)
and all maincases are the same length, so I don't know how an A-body
tailhousing will position the shifter farther foward (i.e. closer to the
firewall) than a B-body tailhousing.

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/4-speeds/bbody-linkage.jpg
shows the B-body shift rods,  the A-body shift rods are much longer,
that should also show that the A-body shifter location is more
rearward of the maincase than that of a B-body.

Ben, are you thinking of the location of the E-body shifter provision
in relationship to the A-body shifter provision?  that is, in fact,
the rearmost of all of the shifter provisions.....

Doug

[AD removed for archives]
Frustrated by your Technology? Can't get it to work properly?
Get HiWired! 45 min over phone, problem solved. Learn More.
caad3QXbOyW3Nf/LightFrog

----

bOyW3N.