RE: Fine tuning

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caad3QabOyW3Na/Viewer Survey

I have changed jetting, squirter, and pump cam. The car is running so
rich at idle if you stand behind it, your eyes burn. I'm going to mess
with the jetting some more next chance I get. The pump lever is at stock
setting, just touching the adjusting nut at idle.
Jeff
tom hecht wrote:

> maybe this was already mentioned, but how have you set
> your accelorator pumps? the holley manual says to set
> the gap with the throttle wide open.
> to me this is a little to agressive, i back mine down
> a little from that, but its worth a try
>
> tom
> 65 satellite
>

> --- ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > Yes, it has vaccum advance, no, I haven't taken a
> > reading yet. Wouldn't
> > be the first stick I've chased, though.
> > Jeff
> > Jim Jablonski wrote:
> > >
> > > Well Jeff, I am not trying to throw a stick into
> > the woods to get you to
> > >
> > > chase it, and there's smarter folks than me here,
> > but here's what I was
> > > thinking ... when accelerating at cruise load
> > upward past 1500 RPM,
> > > among other things, you are also relying on vacuum
> > advance (if so
> > > equipped).  At wide open throttle (where you say
> > there is no issue) it's
> > >
> > > pretty much up to the mechanical advance, given
> > the absence of vacuum.
> > >
> > > Did the Jeg's unit come with vacuum advance?
> > What's manifold vacuum
> > > reading at 1500 RPM?
> > >
> > > Just thoughts ...
> > >
> > > Jim Jablonski
> > > Royal Oak, Michigan
> > > '64 Fury

> > remember the name. It came
> > ballast resister for around
> > in it?

> > related.  What's the new

> > new electronic ignition in my
> > carb, changed the squirter,
> > blue in the face, but I can't
> > rpm. When you let the clutch
> > where the flat spot is most
> > invisible. The engine has a
> > spacer to adapt the Holley to the

> > what's causing the flat spot, so

> > here...any ideas??? Bueller?

> > Jeff Adams
> > 64 Polara
> >
> > Your free subscription is supported by today's
> > sponsor:

> > Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be
> > yours free! Find
> > out how!
> > caadV2bbOgXg2f/Amazing
> > phone

> > ----
> > Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> > only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> > send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> > as other personal messages only to the intended
> > recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> > practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> > volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> > Mopar topic.  Thanks!
> >
> > '62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
> > http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad3P2bOyW3Nf/Nationwide Survey

----

bOyW3N.