RE: Summmit cams

i agree earl, the point is, by putting 1.6 rockers on
you are effectively increasing the lift.

if you look at racer browns website they clearly state
you need a 1.5/1.6 rocker combo to make them work
effectively.
 i have a .598 lift, a 1.6 would act like a .632 lift
roughly, if i wanted that lift i could just use a
bigger cam, its cheaper.

tom
65 satellite

--- Earl Helm <earlh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> All cam manufactures put out their cam specks based
> on what the
> stock rocker ratio is for the particular car
> manufacturer. IE Chrysler
> uses 1.5 rockers. But by using that as a base line,
> dose not preclude
> you from using 1.6 or 1.7 rocker arms. You just need
> to make sure
> you compensate for the additional lift and duration.
> One of the old
> Chevy tricks is to use 1.5 on the intake and 1.6 on
> the exhaust. You
> can do the same thing with Mopars, based on what
> your trying to
> achieve with your engine combo. It would be no big
> deal to throw
> a set of 1.6's at your Ultradyne.
>
> Earl
>

> Don said: >snip< "Ultrdyne has mopar specific but
> for me the lifts are too
> high for the duration  which is do say they do not
> match the reality of the
> iron head engnes."
>
> thanks for using the "for me" in your message Don.
>
> my car is a fully dressed street car running
> 11.30's, that is, all steel,
> full interior, crank driven alternator and
> waterpump,the only difference
> from cruise night is slicks. this is a true street
> car which gets its share
> of street time!
> for further drama, it is stock crank, rods and ross
> flat tops, with worked
> 452's, simply put this engine is really just heads
> and a very nasty sounding
> (and performing} cam.
>
> for me, it is hard to beat an ultradyne cam, for
> price and performance. my
> car has had the same crane (1.5) rockers for many
> years and a few different
> cams, but nothing will wake up the engine like an
> ultradyne.
>
> correct me if i am wrong, but the numbers for racer
> brown and ultradyne are
> really not that different, when you consider racer
> brown says that you must
> use
> 1.5/1.6 rocker ratios to get there cam to work. (1.6
> translates into higher
> lift?)
>
> on the other hand ultradyne designs there cam for
> 1.5/1.5 rockers (99% of the mopars already have
> these)
>

> i have never run racer brown, if i have to replace
> my rockers someday, i
> would likely look at them.
>
> but you can't really compare racer brown to the
> others, since the others are
> all designed for 1.5/1.5
> (normal) rockers
>
> tom
> 65 satellite

> sponsor:

> Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is
> clinically proven to
> reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day
> free supply.

caadAckbOgXg2f/Nexiderm

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Discover Yahoo!