RE: Summmit cams

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1,000 to spend on groceries? any way you please. Click here!
caadAcAbOyW3Na/GrocerySpree

Agreed, if you already have your rockers. Sorry, I guess I miss read or read
something
into you message that was not there. I thought you were saying that since
they specked
1.5 rockers, then you should use them. Sorry. I always do the 1.6 arms. So
are you
running a 312 cam? That is a strong cam for the street. I am putting that in
my race
motor....

i agree earl, the point is, by putting 1.6 rockers on you are effectively
increasing the lift.

if you look at racer browns website they clearly state you need a 1.5/1.6
rocker combo to make them work effectively.
 i have a .598 lift, a 1.6 would act like a .632 lift roughly, if i wanted
that lift i could just use a bigger cam, its cheaper.

tom
65 satellite

--- Earl Helm <earlh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> All cam manufactures put out their cam specks based on what the stock
> rocker ratio is for the particular car manufacturer. IE Chrysler uses
> 1.5 rockers. But by using that as a base line, dose not preclude you
> from using 1.6 or 1.7 rocker arms. You just need to make sure you
> compensate for the additional lift and duration.
> One of the old
> Chevy tricks is to use 1.5 on the intake and 1.6 on the exhaust. You
> can do the same thing with Mopars, based on what your trying to
> achieve with your engine combo. It would be no big deal to throw a set
> of 1.6's at your Ultradyne.
>
> Earl
>

> Don said: >snip< "Ultrdyne has mopar specific but for me the lifts are
> too high for the duration  which is do say they do not match the
> reality of the iron head engnes."
>
> thanks for using the "for me" in your message Don.
>
> my car is a fully dressed street car running 11.30's, that is, all
> steel, full interior, crank driven alternator and waterpump,the only
> difference from cruise night is slicks. this is a true street car
> which gets its share of street time!
> for further drama, it is stock crank, rods and ross flat tops, with
> worked 452's, simply put this engine is really just heads and a very
> nasty sounding (and performing} cam.
>
> for me, it is hard to beat an ultradyne cam, for price and
> performance. my car has had the same crane (1.5) rockers for many
> years and a few different cams, but nothing will wake up the engine
> like an ultradyne.
>
> correct me if i am wrong, but the numbers for racer brown and
> ultradyne are really not that different, when you consider racer brown
> says that you must use
> 1.5/1.6 rocker ratios to get there cam to work. (1.6 translates into
> higher
> lift?)
>
> on the other hand ultradyne designs there cam for
> 1.5/1.5 rockers (99% of the mopars already have
> these)
>

> i have never run racer brown, if i have to replace my rockers someday,
> i would likely look at them.
>
> but you can't really compare racer brown to the others, since the
> others are all designed for 1.5/1.5
> (normal) rockers
>
> tom
> 65 satellite

> sponsor:

> Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
> reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.

caadAckbOgXg2f/Nexiderm

> ----
> directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune
> the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Discover Yahoo!

[AD removed for archives]
FREE Zoobooks Elephants ISSUE and tiger POSTER!
Is your child reading? Zoobooks is guaranteed to improve
your child?s reading skills. Click below to sign up now!
caadCUzbOyW3Nf/Zoobooks

----

bOyW3N.