Re: 413 compared to 383 ?

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caac8usa/ProductTestPanel

Heads are probably closed chamber 516's (I think that is the casting #) with small I/E valves. I think the valves can be opened up to the later larger size. Then you would have something similar to the 67 915 head (supposedly desirable). I would consider this option for your 413 and leave the 383 as is.
Don
(traded a set of 915 heads for a complete 392 Hemi)

> To tell you the truth, I don't know what kinda heads are on the 413, but those 440 heads on your 383 are .906 heads, and they're damn good. Very good in fact that I have a very similar setup in my 64 330 station wagon with a 4 speed. Although the cam is not as hot (I'm gonna get something better, if not a purple shaft, maybe a Lunati, or maybe a Racer Brown if it can handle it.). So like I said, I don't know about the 413, but don't throw those .906 heads away, or the 383, its a good motor as you probably know.

----- Original Message ----- From: Douglas J Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 7:55 PM To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: 413 compared to 383 ?

[AD removed for archives]
2-Day Tax Refund Loans TaxBrain Online Tax Service Get Started Now!
caac8vhf/TaxBrain

----

http:///u/?.