RE: Canadian vin?

[AD removed for archives]
Is America Safe? Give your opinion on Homeland Security and enter
to win!
caacOlqb7yoMza/PermissionData

Hi,

Canadian Dodges and Plymouths had the same dashes in 1964.

The Canadian VIN would have 9 as the 4th character such as 5249XXXXXX.

The Dodge dash (or just the instrument cluster) must have been switched
out.

The Brochures from Canada all show the Plymouth instrument clusters.

Regards,

K.

Gary H. wrote:

> Helping out a gent with a 1964 Plymouth "B" that has a Dodge dash. That
> dash seems to indicate a Canadian built car, but the vin says the car
> was assembled in MI.
>
> Does that make sense to anyone? Are Canadian vin's different, eh?
>
> Here's the  Vin = 3441xxxxxx
>
> 3 = Plymouth V8
> 4 =  Sport Fury
> 1 = Assembled at Lynch Road, Detroit, MI
> xxxxxx sequence number
>
> Should this "1" be a  "9" for Windsor, Ont., Canada?
>
> Thanks,
> Gary H.

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario