Re: More transmission whoes!

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 80% on Inkjet & Toner Supplies. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Free Shipping on orders over $49. www.inksoutlet.com
caacAsfb7yoMza/Inksoutlet

If it starts in neutral, the shift linkage is set correctly.
Sounds like the clutches are bad, or something gone bad internally.
If you're ready to pull it out instead of crawling under it 10 times a day, why not pull it out and fix what you have?
It would be cheaper, and you'd probably be happier with it.

Jimmy

Gary H. wrote:

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 80% on Inkjet & Toner Supplies. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Free Shipping on orders over $49. www.inksoutlet.com
caacAsfb7QKt5a/Inksoutlet

Did the car shift properly before you started adjusting the cable? I thought that if the "neutral" position was dialed in then the rest is correct, by definition. Jimmy may chime in here.

First check to see that the fluid is full and clear and that the throttle linkage is adjusted to spec.

Gary H.

WC43613@xxxxxxx wrote:

I've adjusted my cable shift using Jimmy Peavy's instructions. The car starts now in Park or Neutral but when taking her down the road and shifting with my brainless valve body, when going into 3rd gear the car like shudders and slows down like it's going into 2 gears at once. Even tried to move the adjuster one or two holes either way but when doing so, I lose the neutral start capibility.
Any ideas or suggestions on what might be wrong? I'm getting sick of crawling under this thing 10 times a day trying to get it right. I'm ready to pull this thing out and put in a newer trans with an aftermarker shifter.

Thanks,
Bill C.

[AD removed for archives]
Sponsor a child today through Children International. Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caacvgob7QKt5f/ChildrenInternational

----

[AD removed for archives]
RE-GROW YOUR HAIR STARTING NOW.....Click here for more info!
caacxydb7yoMzf/Medical Hair Restoration

----

b7yoMz.