From: "Gary H." <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 10:33 PM
Subject: RE: Poly motors?

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
caaccMVb7Cew3a/ ExpertCity

Welcome to Mopars, Tim!

Cost always depends on how fast you want to go and subsequent machine
shop / parts co$t.

Sounds like you already have some "air in" improvements over the usual
2bbl Poly 318 setup. You may need to just get a bumpier cam and some
exhaust headers via dual pipes to help pump spent exhaust out. That's
usually enough for a real fun street ride.

Don't forget to figure in the price of buying a 360 motor to put in, as
well as the changes needed to install it. That cost may cancel out any
parts and machine shop pricing differences.

People say it costs about the same to rebuild a 383 or a 440.
Anyone know if that's true for basic rebuilding of a Poly 318 vs basic
rebuilding a LA 318? Anyone?

Gary H.

tdanbrea wrote:

> Being kind of new to the mopar scene( i used to be a chevy guy )i have a
> question on the poly motors,mine already has the Weiand 7503
> and a 600cfm performer carb,should i stick my time and money into it
> to"wake it up" or would i be better off looking for a 318 to 360 to work
> with.I have read the articles on building the poly but none realy
> mention what the cost is to do a build up on one.
> Thanks
> Tim
> 1964 Polara

NEW Heat-sensitive Hypercolor Thinking Putty from Crazy
Aaron comes in grown up handfuls. It's the creativity
unleashing, desk toy that changes color when you touch it!
caachWvb7Cew3f/ Crazy Aaron's Puttyworld

----
topic.  Thanks!

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
caaciqQb7yoMzf/Discover Card

----

b7yoMz.