Re: Convertors/PUSHBUTTON...

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
caaccMSb7yoMza/ ExpertCity

Hi Neal !
                Oh come now!  Please don't throw in the towel that easy,
deep down you don't really want to hack a hole in the floor !! You know that
the ONLY way to shift a TorqueFlite is with Buttons,and changing the output
shaft to the sliding yoke/ cross and roller U-joint is not mandatory. I've
run those Ball and Trunnions for years without incident (I admit they're
kind of a pain in the butt to service but once you get on to them they're
not bad).
The input shaft mod is a no brainer,and the parts can come from any
later(post '67 )
Torqueflite , oh, and guess what ,you don't have to change out the '65
"Roster comb" on the valve body, (real name manual lever) all you have to
remember is that the 62 to '64  book proceedure for adjusting the shift
selector cable with buttons will not work ,in fact the only change is to
start the adjustment with the "low" button depressed and held (park off)
instead of the reverse button which is what the 62 to 64 "button"proceedure
tells you to do. Check the adjustment by seeing if the neutral starting
switch "makes" in both park and neutral.
The manual lever was changed across the board in '65 because Chrysler got
rid of the pushbuttons and the shift selector mechansim required more travel
on the manual lever to accomodate the "park" function just like the '64
console equipped cars, the manual lever is the same one that was used in '64
on these console shift equipped cars.
There you Go.

 Wally
 63 Dodge etc.