Re: Can I ask what may be a stupid question?

Re: Can I ask what may be a stupid question?

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU?s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
caab6anb7yoMza/ AIU

In a message dated 4/4/2004 12:37:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
georlrs@xxxxxxx writes:

> I have finally came up with a little extra money and have a chance to buy
> an
> early/mid sixties imperial with a 413 for 500.00. I was thinking about
> taking
> the motor, tranny, and rearend and using it in my 65 barracuda. What do you
> all think about this idea? It was a /6 and I want a V-8 anyway, and aren't
> picky about keeping it original. What about the tranny and rearend fitting?

  Don, please dont take this the wrong way and I am not trying to be
critical.
       Why would you cut up an Imperial?  Unless the car is totaly impossible
to restore I would not cut it up for a first generation Barracuda. Dont get
me wrong I love Barracudas. I have had two 65 Barracudas and they are cool to
look at but,  they handle like crap, they are prone to body torque and they are
known for rust.  The reason I bring it up is Imperials are getting scarce!
They are truely their own beast in many ways. Imperials are different than C
bodies and the parts interchange is limited. I read and hear all the time about
guys flaming when they see an Imperial going to the demo derby. Its a sad thing
to see one of these beautiful cars hacked up for an A , B or especially an E
body project. If you really want something different unique, and plain flat
beautiful then fix that Imperial up. I can tell you that if you do, you will
never be in a car that has a better ride. They are awesome machines. To be
perfectly honest 66 Barracudas arent that unique and I see them all the time.  I see
at least one at almost every car show. I have been to hundreds of car shows
in Florida all over the state, and I have only seen one Imperial. There was a
constant crowd around that car from the minute he pulled in to the time he
left.
    Like I said if the Imperial is to far gone to fix (it would have to be
really really bad) then ignore this e mail and part her out so others can fix
their cars up. Imperials are a fast dying brand.
If you are Hell bent on big blocking the Barracuda then go 383 or some other
B motor. It will give you a bit more room to work with. Also if you want a
motor in the Barracuda with serious HP then you will have to tie the frame, they
are known for twisting under high torque. Better yet if you want a fast car
and something really different then build the slant six!  Slant six motors are
getting some serious times at the track these days. What could be better than
blowing the doors off that silly little rice rocket with a fart tip muffler
than a leaning tower of power.
Bob