Re: Fw: 440 head question

The passage that is blocked off is at an exhaust valve. What it does is warm the intake quickly to help idle. Blocking it off does not harm the engine in any way. You will just have to keep goosing it until it warms enough to idle. Again.....Unless you are installing larger valves and porting and polishing there is really no reason to block them off.
Later
Bill