Re: Convert AC

Maybe I will cross this off my wish list for now! Our 56 Chrysler has the pop up cowl vent and it helps alot till temps get near 100 degree.........................MO ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ollie" <satellite1965@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: Convert AC

I have a Vintage Air heating/cooling unit in my 65 Satellite. It is a Sandair compressor. It will freeze you out or burn u up depending on the mode. It is a very easy installation. Take out your original unit.....trash it, .bolt in new unit with brackets provided. A bit of fab required. Had to fab some adaptors to use the original defroster vents. (I have the dash pop up units for defrost and air, as my car was factory air.) Their adaptors hooked up to the kick panel and crotch cooler vents. If you don't have these their below dash vents are ok. Bouchion Performance has the brackets and pullies you need for the compressor. Hook direct to battery, 1 wire, with provided fuse link, and you are good to go. You will need a couple more holes in the firewall, factory connections will not line up. Mount the controls inside the vehicle....mine are in my dash, I have seen them in the glove box...... after mounting dryer, condenser and hoses.......vacuum pump, add Freon... Start your engine my Mopar friend, Turn the unit on..enjoy the cool air for a few minutes........as u watch the temp gauge climb...oh my.......they did not mention this in all the sale brochures....!!! Time to cure your engine temp problems.........me...3 years later....custom built aluminum radiator, custom cooling fan, performance water pump and thermostats, holes cut in the hood under the hood scoop......100 amp alternator.....mines running cool......mom's happy and I am in a constant nervous sweat watching all my gauges.... In answer to Gary H.....if mom does not want to ride in my classic Mopar... w/classic air, 4 windows down, wing vents open..leave her at home....IF mom must go........buy a new Challenger and lets both ride in modern style......with AC, stereo, heated seats and all the amenities....it will be better in the long run!!
Good luck with your AC installation......
Ollie.....this has moved way past $.02 ....its now worth $50.......cheap when you consider all the money you will spend on your AC....

----- Original Message ----- From: "MO ( Steve Mick)" <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>