From: "Don Dulmage" <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:34 AM
Subject: where to get good body panels

> In Canada we had c bodies in 65 and didnt have the cor0nets or belvederes.
> I had to smile when you said I thought the sales person or counter person
should know.
> Often I get called in to help a friend with their ride and some strange
problem. More often than not they are trying to fix it with advice they got
from the counter guy at the parts store. Why they think he knows is beyond
me and they will even argure with me at what he told them even though I am a
licensed and experienced Mechanic/mach.
> I usually tell them if the guy at the parts store knew he wouldnt be
working for 8 to 10 bucks an hour there he would be earnig 25+ in a shop.
> I know there are some who do know from their hobby and such but I also
know most stores employ the cheapest help they can get that will do the job.
My buddy is worse than me. When some one tels him the parts guy said bla bla
bla, he just hands them the keys back and says" well then get the "H" out of
 here and take it to hm and have him fix it. . Anyway. It would be nice if
they al knew even their product line but they dont. For me Weatherhead
fittings have become a nightmare. it is not unusual to spend 20 bucks gas
trying to find a 3 dollar part. Only the old dudes at the part store know
what I want. The new genaration has the deer in the headlights look. Probaly
something they smoked or maybe their ear ring is too tight!
> Don
> Author of
> Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
> Old Reliable (Mopar)