Rad straps

 I want to thank all who particpated in the rad discussion. I read all and thought about it quite a bit. This afternoon i went in the shop and made a couple of stainless over the tank rad straps to help control the bursting nature of the rounded top rad. I made the straps from 4 gear clamps and used short ones at the front  rolling the free end to hook nicely under the core tank without putting any pressure or sharp edge  at the core but just under the seam where it solders to the top tank/, I made from two other clamps similar ends and screwed them together tightening the clamp just enough to produce a good snug clamping effect between the cores tank and the top tank. I used the natural groove for the drivers side  but the passengers side because my rad is almost centre  top hose i offset it enough to miss and clamped it like wise.  Will it work? I dont know but I am going to try it.  Seems to me it should help. Took me an hour total and cost was zero as I had them in my junk box.
I am already prepared for those who will asked what they are. My answer will be one of my favourite ones. "Who wants  to know?"
I will try it this year and see if it makes any difference.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)