RE: Sad day for the mopar world.

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad0PFbOyW3Na/Superb Rewards

Depending on what he has in it, it might be worthwhile to buy it back
for parts, transferring the go fast stuff into a new body with a clean
title?

Jim Jablonski
Royal Oak, Michigan
'64 Fury

Earl Helm wrote:

> Ben,
>
> Dave is giving you some good advice. I would caution you on one issue
> in some states. When you buy a car back from an insurance company that
> has been totaled, then it becomes a "Salvage" title. This can be a
> stigma
> when trying to sell the car in the future. No bank or lending
> institution
> will
> loan money on a Salvage title car. Just something else to keep in the
> back
> of your mind.
>
> Earl
>
> Ben -
>
>     The first thing you need to do is put together some information you can
> use to argue with his insurance company.
> 1. How much money you've got into the car 2. How much it would cost
> today to
> replace your car with one exactly like it (start clipping ads from the
> autotrader, look it up in a price guide, etc).
>
> That way when they say they'll give you $600 to total it, you can set
> the
> magazine in front of them and tell them to find another one for $600. If
> they still total it (but now for more money), you can buy it back for
> next
> to nothing and not be nearly as screwed as if you'd settled up front.
>
> Dave Casey

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad0PSbOyW3Nf/Nationwide Survey

----

bOyW3N.