Re: {Chrysler 300} 1956 300B value/for sale

Re: {Chrysler 300} 1956 300B value/for sale

Back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, (1990's) agents from Danbury Mint sent out a few fellows to shoot my 300 C conv..  They returned a few weeks later with preliminary "schetches" to get measurements precisely. I had to point out it was a "wedge" and front fenders curved down from doors...that the car had a STRAIGHT line from front to rear tip of tail lights!  ( The drawing had squared-off front fenders!) I requested a set of drawings, if possible.  Which I got.  A few weeks later, I mentioned that this was done to a friend... who HAPPENED to be a designer for Franklin Mint....and he was working off pictures of my Crime Story 300C for them!  Danbury Mint wanted to make my car with a dropping door on the record player, but did not feel they could due to scaling on the 1/24 th car!  They DID get the inside of rear windows and door opening details, Franklin Mint glossed over.

L. Andrew Jugle
Elmhurst, ILL
Sold Crime Story car (Black Franklin) 3n57 2069 Fall of '22, still have white(Danbury) 3n57 2977