RE: {Chrysler 300} Re: Actually Pulling the Steering Chuck…

RE: {Chrysler 300} Re: Actually Pulling the Steering Chuck…

Hi John,

Thanks for the thought. I gave that idea some thought as well. I am sending the box I pulled for a remanufacture and will be doing this again in a couple of months when it shows back up.

I may well look into that concept. I was thinking of tack welding a nut onto both collar and the column shaft and using a wire to make the jump with two little screws with Loctite to hold it down. Same basic idea.

I will mull those ideas over.

What stuck me was how far from “Industrial America” we really have come when one cannot find copper sheet stock at two hardware stores, two box stores and three auto parts stores. We really do live in a new age in America. Good or bad.

James