RE: [Chrysler300] 1962 300 - Speedo Cable Removal

Spray     Spray     Spray     + Time to work

Rick Dutkiewicz Haynes

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cox Scooter465@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: September 15, 2020 12:15 PM
To: Matt Allyn
Cc: Chrysler 300 List
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 300 - Speedo Cable Removal

It's a steel holder in a aluminum Case.

Corrosion sets in try tapping

It with a light hammer it

May break it loose.

Bob Haag

On Sep 15, 2020, at 12:02 PM, Matt Allyn allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's a weird one I could use advice on....

Replacing the Speedometer Cable.

*	It is free from the back of the Speedometer head
*	The Bolt & Retaining Clip are off of the transmission
*	It should wiggle & slide out of the transmission now
*	BUT...
*	It feels as though it is super glued in there!  But I know it is not
*	I have tried pliers on the metal cable housing to help jiggle it loose; but it will not budge
*	I am hesitant to try & slip a flat bladed item between it & trans case; to pry it away...but maybe that it the next step

Any helpful hints?

Thanks

Matt Allyn

    Chrysler300-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx