Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 300 - Speedo Cable Removal

Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 300 - Speedo Cable Removal

It's a steel holder in a aluminum Case.
Corrosion sets in try tapping
It with a light hammer it
May break it loose.

Bob Haag

On Sep 15, 2020, at 12:02 PM, Matt Allyn allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's a weird one I could use advice on....
Replacing the Speedometer Cable.

  • It is free from the back of the Speedometer head
  • The Bolt & Retaining Clip are off of the transmission
  • It should wiggle & slide out of the transmission now
  • BUT...
  • It feels as though it is super glued in there!  But I know it is not
  • I have tried pliers on the metal cable housing to help jiggle it loose; but it will not budge
  • I am hesitant to try & slip a flat bladed item between it & trans case; to pry it away...but maybe that it the next step
Any helpful hints?

Thanks
Matt Allyn

Posted by: Cox <scooter465@xxxxxxx>