Re: [Chrysler300] Some stuff I could use

Re: [Chrysler300] Some stuff I could use

Curious here.  You can only get the starter to 'start' if the N button is fully compressed.  Why is an extra neutral safety switch even needed?  Could you get the starter energised if you were in D?  Short out the nss and isn't N the only button pushed that allows the car to start?  What is this old timer missing here?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 5:48 PM John Grady jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You are of course right . Due to four score and twenty , totally spaced on that damn switch . Ready to pull push buttons , neutral safety switch in trans etc decided to look at wiring diagram after an hour of “ now what “ Arrgh . Yes 6” alligator clip set .., or a GOOD switch ..

Sent from my iPhone not by choice

> On 29 Jun 2020, at 8:39 pm, paul <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 6/29/2020 8:25 PM, John Grady jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] wrote:
>>
>> Finally, have had many failures and erratic operation of vacuum
>> starter interlock switch on 57-58. Anyone solve this ?Most vacuum
>> electric switches seem wrong range - and “NOS “, if you can find,
>> seem failure prone. ( fail open, = no start )Harley uses one, I see
>> on net, not sure what for, might work. comments welcome. Sincere
>> thanks, John
>
>> Sent from my iPhone not by choice
>
> Back in the 70's when my C was almost a daily driver I considered the
> failing vacuum switch as an 'anti-theft' measure.
>
> I kept a bent to fit paperclip in the glove box for those occasions.
> Pop the hood, insert paperclip firmly in the insulators for the end
> terminals and then start 'er up. Remove paperclip, drop hood and away
> I'd Go!
>

> --
> Paul Holmgren
> JCI #74145
> To announce that there must be NO criticism of the President, or that
> we are to stand by the President Right or Wrong, is not only UNPATRIOTIC
> and SERVILE, but is Morally TREASONABLE to the American Public.
> Former Republican President, Theodore Roosevelt

Posted by: Larry Jett <larrywjett@xxxxxxxxx>